MindStaq is built with your privacy in mind. You decide how much of your data you share with others. We may collect some information about you and how you use MindStaq. We may use the information we collect to deliver and improve our product. We may also use some information we collect (but never your data) to advertise MindStaq or to improve the relevancy of advertising that may be directed to you. We will not give your data or any information that may identify you to others unless you ask us to or unless we are forced to by law.
We collect different kinds of information. Some of it is personally identifiable and some is non-identifying or aggregated. Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
- Your Data. Your data is the whole reason you use MindStaq. It is yours to upload or create on MindStaq or not. We need to be able to transmit, store and copy your data in order to display it to you and users you choose to share it with. We also need be able to parse, divide, mark up and allocate your data using our proprietary storage technologies to enable many of the amazing data manipulation tools MindStaq offers. We also need to be able to index it so you are able to search it and so on. Your data is only viewable by you and other users you choose to share it with.
- Required Account Information. This includes your legal name, email address and password. Email address is your login ID for authentication to MindStaq. We use this information to verify that you are who you say you are and to make sure no one else tries to use your identity as their own. The verification of our user’s identities is essential to the operation of MindStaq, so it is not possible to opt out of providing this information if you would like to use MindStaq. MindStaq will populate a default display name for you based on your legal name. You can change your display name from the default one provided by MindStaq.
- Optional Account Information. This includes any information about yourself that you elect to provide to us that is not required, such as your telephone number, an image for your profile, affiliations with businesses or other users, place where you live now, nick name, date of birth, birthplace, wedding anniversary, schools attended or enrolled in, etc.
- Billing information. This includes your credit card information and billing address. We use this information to verify your identity. If you choose to pay for a non-free account, we also use this information to effect payment for the service you select. Payment may be facilitated through a third party payment service. It is not possible to opt out of providing this information if you would like to have a non-free account.
- Device Information. We may collect information about the device you’re using MindStaq on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, IP addresses, your browser type and settings, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. We use this information to deliver customized versions of MindStaq for your device, to track edits to data in MindStaq, to help us respond to bugs and to help us identify areas for future development of MindStaq. Many devices and browsers allow you to limit the amount of device information that they emit and we will respect those restrictions. This information will not be viewable by other users.
- Geographic Usage Information. This information includes GPS data from your device, information that may be available from cookies (see below), information that may be obtainable from your IP address, from nearby cell towers, etc. We use this information to enable the various features of MindStaq and to guide our future development of MindStaq. Many devices allow you to limit the amount of geographic usage information that they emit and we will respect those restrictions. This information will not be viewable by other users.
- MindStaq Usage Information. When you use MindStaq, our servers automatically record and derive information about how you use MindStaq. This information may include information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This usage data may also include your IP address, the address of the web page you visited before coming to MindStaq, the date and time of your various actions on MindStaq, the amount of data you are sending, receiving or editing, and cookie data. We use this information to enable the various features of MindStaq and to guide our future development of MindStaq. Many devices and browsers allow you to limit the amount of usage information that they emit and we will respect those restrictions. This information will not be viewable by other users.
- Third Party Account Information. If you integrate third party accounts with MindStaq (for example, Dropbox), we will connect that service to ours. To do so, we need your third party account information, including your password. You may choose not to integrate your third party services with MindStaq. This information will not be viewable by other users.
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer and from your computer to us, each time you visit our website. They are unique to your MindStaq account or your browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire.
Some cookies are associated with your MindStaq account and personal information in order to remember that you are logged in and which teams you are logged into. Other cookies are not tied to your MindStaq account but are unique and allow us to do site analytics and customization, among other things. If you access MindStaq through your browser, you can manage your cookie settings there but if you disable all cookies you may not be able to use MindStaq.
We set and access our own cookies on our company-owned domains. In addition, we use 3rd parties like Intercom and Google Analytics.
We respect browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, however your usage of these signals may negatively affect your experience with MindStaq.
Our Communication with You
You will continue to receive essential service-related and account-related information, even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails.
If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns.
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
There are times when we may share your information with third parties:
- When you tell us to or explicitly allow us.
- When we remove any potentially identifying information. For example, we may at some point advertise on the MindStaq website that MindStaq has XX registered users who spend an average of YY hours on MindStaq per day and have so far collectively stored ZZ terabytes of data with MindStaq.
- If required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce the Terms of Service; (iii) respond to claims that any of your data violates the rights of third parties; (iv) respond to your requests for customer service; or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of MindStaq or Citta, its users and the public.
- If we do so in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of our business, as permitted by applicable law.
Where Your Information is Stored
When you use MindStaq on your computing device, such as by using one of our downloadable clients, information you store or work on will be stored locally on that device. When you sync your computing device with MindStaq or work with MindStaq online, that information will be sent to our servers.
Your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction. If you’re located outside the United States and choose to provide your information to us, we may transfer your information to the United States and process it there.
How to Access Your Personal Information
Most of the information we store about you is accessible from your MindStaq profile page. Some of it is also changeable on that page. If you would like to know all of the personal information we store about you or change or delete any of it, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that some changes or deletions may not be possible without surrendering your MindStaq account.
MindStaq will make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that all facilities used to store and process your data meet a high standard for security and takes reasonable steps to protect information you provide to us as part of your use of the MindStaq service from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
MindStaq is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, or if you learn that personal information of a child under 13 has been stored on MindStaq, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue MindStaq or any feature or functionality thereof at any time without notice to you.
421 Seventh Avenue, Suite 810
New York, NY 10001